Ocean Beach Town Council 2017
Holiday Parade Volunteer Application
The Ocean Beach Town Council (OBTC) is seeking the help of 100 responsible persons who would like to volunteer and help ensure that the 38th Annual Ocean Beach Holiday Parade is a successful and wonderful event for our community. The Holiday Parade occurs on Saturday, December 2, 2017, and it cannot occur without the dedicated support of our volunteers.
- The Parade starts at 5:05 pm (OB Time). All participating volunteers will need to report in to the Ocean Beach Recreation Center, 4726 Santa Monica Ave, Ocean Beach, at 2:00pm sharp on Saturday, December 3rd and check in with the OBTC Volunteer Coordinators.
- Each volunteer will be given an official 2017 Ocean Beach Holiday T-Shirt.
- If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.
We need to receive your Volunteer Application by November 30th so we can order your official 2017 Ocean Beach Holiday T-Shirt.
Here are descriptions of our parade volunteer positions:
– Block Captains: Block Captains are in charge of staging parade entrants in their correct order. The Captains walk with their parade section in the Parade. (6 needed)
– Staging Assistants: Staging Assistants help the Block Captains with staging parade entrants. The Staging Assistants walk with their parade section in the Parade. (24 needed)
– Security/Crowd Control Volunteers: Security/Crowd Control Volunteers assist with ensuring the event is peaceful and reporting any incidents to our hired team of security professionals. This team volunteers from 4:00-7:00pm. (9 are needed)
– Traffic Barricade Guards: Traffic Barricade Guards are stationed in pairs at various traffic barricades before the parade starts to ensure that vehicles do not enter the parade staging route until SDPD Traffic Control units arrive at approximately 4:30pm (16 are needed)
– Clean Up Crewmembers: Clean Up Crewmembers provide integral assistance after the parade to pick up debris and recycling and ensure that our streets and community are clean (this is an ideal position for an environmentalist). The crew will be the last entry in the Parade (right behind Santa) and help clean the streets before the street sweepers move-in. (25 are needed)
– Extras: Extras are flexible persons that can be assigned to any task
– 11/28/17 No Park Distribution Team: This team will distribute “No Parking Signs” along the parade route on the evening of Tuesday, November 28th – bring gloves.